Because Tigris is a wonderful person who agreed to help me with an original idea! Thank you so much! (And, of course, if anybody else would like to give some input…wink wink hint hint.)
Okay, I can do it this way, no worries about the email. Apologies if this is a bit disjointed.
Ooohh, such wonderful ideas! Thank you so much!
Oh yay! I’m glad you like them!
I am insanely enjoying this conversation right now. You’re so good at this!
Okay, Tumblr is being idiotic and deleting my reponses. I think I figured out a way to make it save. Ergh it is being even more stupid. Sorry for the format, it’s the only way I could get it to work.
Again, so sorry about the late reply. Homework took over my life this week.
No need for apologies! Homework tends to do that, particularly at the most inconvenient times.
Wow. Late reply is…actually really, really late. So sorry about that! So much came up.
Okay, so. Questions to be answered…
Jason’s biological mother’s name was Emily. I’m thinking it’d be cool to make her precognitive at a 4.5 on the scale, with Ian being pyrokinetic at 4.5. Oh, gosh…what if Emily knew she was going to be pregnant, and then, once she got pregnant, she knew something would happen to her? So, a few weeks or so before delivery, she started mentally preparing herself for the worst and trying to prepare Ian, but he wouldn’t have any of it? Oh, man, I can see it now. “Don’t talk like that, Emily. You’re going to be fine. You’re going to be just fine.”
Ow. Okay, I just injured my own heart.
Jason himself is kind of the family oddball, because the only other known person up his family tree to have super-strength and enhanced resistance to injury was his paternal great-grandfather, so the abilities kind of skipped generations. And, of course, he’s almost double his mother’s ranking. He’s eighteen.
You raise a good point, though; I was so worried about trying to get the team and the plot together that I didn’t really think about who his friends would be back home in San Francisco.
Ooooh, I like that idea! I like it a lot! It would be very in-keeping with the world I’m trying to set up to have a prejudiced judge or jury for Jason’s trial. They’d try not to make it obvious, of course, but it’d still be very apparent to Jason, since he’s on the receiving end of this. Which means that, conceivably, it could also be played so that the reader sees it through Jason’s eyes…but just because he thinks they’re acting on prejudice, does that mean they really are?
As far as antagonists go, I think what I was trying to do was shape a semblance of a plot and then flesh it out with antagonists. O_o Yeah, that’s probably what tripped me up.
Oh! And one last thing:
1. Valerie “Val” Miller: Telekinetic, telepathic, and empathic at a 9.5. She is Miller’s daughter and the most powerful person on the team. Unfortunately, though, her powers are very difficult to control. She’s not “gentle” coming into a person’s mind, and she tends to isolate herself because of the strain of others’ thoughts and emotions. Even though she’d have to focus on a person to get specifics, there’s still just a general sort of flow through her all the time, from everyone around her.
2. Lian Jennings: Um…yeah, I don’t really know what to do with Lian. I was going to give her power over electricity and maybe even have technopathy, but I hit my mental brick wall then and couldn’t think of any downsides to that. Help?
3. Michael “Twitch” Amberly: Super-speed at an 8. Twitch got his nickname exactly the way you’d think—the kid cannot sit still. He’s nineteen, but he acts like he’s eleven. For him, since he can run so fast that even going all the way around the world would take little time at all, time and the passage of time don’t really mean anything to him.
4. Ben Green: Concussive force blasts at an 8.5. She actually goes head-to-head with Jason once—and fights him to a stalemate. She’s another that downsides escape me on. Help?
5. Sam Cundiff: I was thinking maybe enhanced senses or something. I actually need help on his whole thing.
Thanks again! This is amazingly helpful!
- tigrislupa reblogged this from cr1mson5thestranger and added:
- cr1mson5thestranger reblogged this from tigrislupa and added:
- tigrislupa likes this
- cr1mson5thestranger posted this